Monday, March 16, 2015

A milestone for me!

A great thing happened to me yesterday. I produced my first song. An Israeli company wanted a pop song to promote their new product. The company CEO had a few ideas about some tunes, some chords and the themes he wanted the song to convey. With the help of the Lord above, I managed to create the lyrics, work out the melody, play the music in the studio, direct the singers in their various parts, supervise the sound technician and bring a fully functional pop song into existence. I had great help from a team of fine, knowledgeable and skillful people including CEO and Inventor Benny Gold, my son, artist, guitarist, composer and songwriter Moshe Glick and the fantastic sound engineer from Jostudio in Ashkelon.
I am pleased to say that the song is completely conventional catchy and commercial. That was the goal. But don't think that means that I have become conventional or commercial. I remain as I have always been, unconventional to the core. Its a matter of knowing I can be commercial, not believing in it. Some of us wanted a more distorted "heavy" type sound, with more reverb and effects, but the CEO thought that keeping everything as close to natural helped the words be heard. In this case, I quite agree. So everything was done using acoustic guitars and drums.
As I said, this is a personal milestone. I have gone from sound tinkerer to song producer. Which means, once again, that if you have music in your heart that you want to share...You may benefit greatly from working with me and the team at Firetreemusic.com!!! We have a solid team in place.

Unfortunately, for the time being, I can't post any links to the song. It also appears that the full length song (3 min 60 seconds) will not be used for the promotional video. Rather I had to shave it down until I had a version that clocks in at under 2 minutes. So I am a little displeased about that. Frankly, they picked the shortened version that I thought was most choppy and rough. But that is what happens when you work for other people. They get to call the shots. And they are happy with the final video too. But the original version will still get out and be used in other ways.

So everybody can wish me a happy graduation! As soon as the video is released I will put up a link to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment